[cisco-voip] Cisco Unity 4.02 Partner Server Question

Scholz, Torsten Torsten.Scholz at solveos.de
Tue Aug 30 12:12:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

we have a customer with a Cisco Unity 4.02. This Voicemail System is currently connected with the german Exchange Partner Server.

Now the users from UK with their own Exchange want also use this voicemail system (Cisco Unity). We have granted all necessary permissions for all three system account (cisco_dir, cisco_install, cisco msgstore) to the AD and exchange of UK. We can add new (UK) users per import from the exchange server and there occurs no error or issue during the user voicemail setup. But if the user wants to play his voice messages, after someone leaves a message, he gets the info that the message server is not available. All voice message will be stored temporary (UMR). Now the question is following:

Is it possible to add users from another exchange cluster which is not the Partner Exchange Server of Cisco Unity?

Within the configuration setup for the messagestore it is only possible to assign one exchange partner server.

Maybe anyone knows this issue and give me some notes.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Torsten