[cisco-voip] Cisco UCS or other VMWare platform

Matthew Ballard mballard at otis.edu
Wed Aug 31 13:34:23 EDT 2011

I had considered the possibility, as the option came available just before I
was started the purchase of UCS C servers.  Personally I made the decision
to stick with the UCS servers mainly for support reasons.  Virtualization of
Cisco UC is still relatively new, and having only one point of contact for
any problems is a definite benefit (call TAC for all issues with no back and
forth between vendors).

I also figured that since the requirements were so strict for UC, there
wasn¹t much benefit in using existing infrastructure.

Matthew Ballard
Network Manager
Otis College of Art and Design