[cisco-voip] Softphone for UCM 7.15??

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Thu Dec 1 10:16:01 EST 2011

Hi all -

I've a question regarding Softphone for UCM 7.15

Some of our management people would like to have a Softphone on a
netbook.

They do not want single number reach, mobility, and all the other
features that come with CUWL licensing.

They just want to have a softphone with the same extension as their desk
phone for when they want to make a call remotely.

I would also like a softphone for remote diagnostics testing so I can do
some workorders from home over a VPN, etc.

What is the required licensing and product downloads for this?

I'm getting varying answers when I talk to various Cisco resellers-
everyone seems to have slightly different answers.

We're on UCM 7.15 and have enough DLUs already.

Just need a download link and to install it, I think.

For the moment, I'm assuming that we will only be running on a Windows
platform, though I'm sure

people will be wanting a softphone on Android, iPad, etc.

thanks, Tim