[cisco-voip] Multicast MOH remote site

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:56:07 EST 2011

I had a similar problem, branch router with Mcast MOH only on the
local LAN segment and to PSTN.
Reboot did not fix it, also I did a "no call-manager-fallback" and
pasted everything back in, no go.

When I did debug ccm-manager music-on-hold and debug ephone moh I saw
no stream playing on the loopback interface.

I added a new loopback with a dummy IP and did:

multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 <lan_ip> <new_dummy_loopback_ip>

Then I saw in the debugs that MOH kicked in on the new loopback. After
that I just removed it and put back the old config and it worked.

Might be worth a try.

/Roger