[cisco-voip] Callmanager traces -- diagnosing a call that won't complete on one phone, but will on another

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Dec 22 14:23:10 EST 2011

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16943
"Cisco CallManager"

you will primarily be using     activelog cm/trace/ccm/sdi/ccm*.txt.

For the time frame tend toward a "longer" time than a "shorter" time.  If you just placed the call 60 seconds ago then grab traces for the last 20 minutes.  This:
1. makes sure you get everything.  there is an often misperceived time lapse between recreate and trace collection
2. it takes RTMT and the trace collection process a while to spin up get moving
3. having older information allows you to find "other examples" and to "baseline" the status of everything before "the event" begins.

Make it easy on yourself by using something like TranslatorX:
http://www.employees.org/~pgiralt/TranslatorX/

/wes