[cisco-voip] Cisco Cius Media Station (The docking station)

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 14:32:18 EST 2011

You guys probably know this, but tossing it out there anyway just cause
you're mentioning no audio - I read somewhere that the default behavior for
the Cius is to use the WiFi interface/IP for signalling, and the wired
gigabit interface/IP for RTP traffic when it's docked. You could
potentially have an RTP problem if the wired interface is not using an IP
that you are expecting due to firewalls or something.

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Ki Wi <kiwi.voice at gmail.com> wrote:

> Make sure all the connector is "in" totally.
>
> Today I just fixed one dock that have the power connector coming off 50%
> from the dock... not totally in. After i push it in totally, the phone
> detected that there's a new firmware kind of stuffs and reboot.
>
> Just as mentioned by you, mine can charge as well..  but the dock is not
> functioning 100% maybe due to lack of power.
>

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 12:34 AM, Mike King <me at mpking.com> wrote:
>
>> One other thing.
>>
>> The Cius still says upgrading in the webinterface, even though we're
>> coming up on 4 hours.
>>
>> Active Load ID sipcius.9-2-2-49 Inactive Load ID sipcius.9-2-1TT37-8SEC Download
>> Status Upgrading Requested Load ID sipcius.9-2-2-49
>> Should I be worried?
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Mike King <me at mpking.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I think it's possible that I have a bad dock, but I wanted to make sure
>>> I'm not missing the obvious.
>>>
>>> We have a Cius  (Firmware 9.2.2, just downloaded it yesterday)
>>>
>>> We have the Media Station.  We have it plugged in via it's power cube.
>>>  We also have it plugged into our network (Which provided standard POE, not
>>> POE+ (at))
>>>
>>> The Cius works fine out of the dock wirelessly.
>>>
>>> Drop the Cius in the dock, it detects (or something, it makes a noise)
>>>  It starts charging.   However we get no Audio from it at this point.  The
>>> dock does not function as a speakerphone, or as a handset.
>>>
>>> It's a loaner from our Cisco rep, so Calling TAC is a bit
>>> more convoluted.
>>>
>>> Mike

Ed Leatherman