[cisco-voip] Call Manager 7.0.1 Hardware Swap

Churchill, Jason Jason.Churchill at uxcconnect.com.au
Wed Feb 2 08:51:13 EST 2011

Yup good idea. We may also have a spare server we can use for an ‘intermediate’ server to transition the solution from 7.0.1 through to 7.1.5 on the new hardware.

I guess this is going to be a big problem going forward with the linux os’s. Since you can’t always buy the same hardware 1,2 or 3 years later, what if the customer doesn’t want to upgrade or can’t upgrade due to 3rd party apps that are plugged into the cluster, but they may be forced to since the hardware they have to purchase (to replace the old hardware) will not support the old software.