[cisco-voip] can dial vm pilot, but not forward to it?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Feb 7 12:20:06 EST 2011

OK. After some testing with different CSS's I realized it had to do more with whether or not the destination was a number or the voice mail pilot (check box). If it was a number (as in the CTI route point mentioned below) forwarding worked. If it was the check box, it didn't.

I recall a while back someone (Wes? Ryan?) posting that when the vm pilot is used as a destination target, the CSS of the vm pilot is used, otherwise, if it's a explicitly entered DN (even if that DN is the voice mail pilot!) the FWD CSS is used.

Well, in my version 4 config, the VM Pilot is <none> and this all worked. I thought that if it was set to <none> it piggy-backed on the FWD CSS of the DN.

Updating my VM Pilot CSS to match the FWD CSS that I've used on the lines fixes the problems.

Have I been doing it wrong all this time? Was there a bug out there that allowed this to work? Or did they make a change somewhere?

hmmmmmm

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)