[cisco-voip] dial-peer E1 ISDN

Just Kennie justkennie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:04:56 EST 2011

*I think I need to show this with a diagram.*

           *R1 (E1)--------------ISP (DEMAC)-----------------------------ISP
(DEMAC)-------------------------- (E1) R2---------------CUCM*

   *My router is R1 (2811) and my client is R2(2600). We are connected with
E1 interface through an ISP with two demac. The ideal is, I want to be able
to call the phones in my client's place with extension 1000, but i need a
connection from R1 to R2
   My client is using an E1 interface with the following configuration......
*
*card type e1 1 1
!
network-clock-participate slot 1
no network-clock-participate wic 0
network-clock-select 2 E1 1/1
!
isdn switch-type primary-net5
voice-card 1
!
!
!
voice rtp send-recv
!
!
!
voice class permanent 1
signal timing oos timeout disabled
signal keepalive 65535
!
!
controller E1 1/0
framing NO-CRC4
pri-group timeslots 1-31 service mgcp
!
interface Serial1/0:15
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-net5
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager
no cdp enable
!
!
voice-port 1/0:15
cptone GB*

*(No VOIP dial-peer as client is using MGCP GATEWAY)*

* And below is my own configuration........*

*controller E1 0/2/0
framing NO-CRC4
channel-group 15 timeslots 1-31

!
interface Serial0/2/0:15
bandwidth 2048
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc

dial-peer voice 1 pots
destination-pattern 1000
session target  port 0/2/0:15*  * ( Router is rejecting this command)*

*THE CLIENT WONT ALTER HE'S INTERFACE CONFIGURATION, BUT I CAN ALTER MINE. I
JUST WANT REACHABILITY BETWEEN THE TWO ROUTERS, SO THAT VOICE TRAFFIC FROM
MY ROUTER CAN GO THROUGH  E1 INTERFACE TO MY CLIENT (R2).*
*PLEASE TELL ME WHAT EVER I NEED TO CHANGE OR CONFIGURE ON MY ROUTER TO MAKE
THIS WORK*.

*Cheers,
Idowu Kehinde
TEL: 2348024017748