[cisco-voip] Very strange mobile connect behavior

David Lee d16lee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:29:21 EST 2011

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion what may be wrong with this.  I'm
using UCM v8.

I have 3 phones:

Phone A - Internal phone with RDP-A
Phone B - Mobile phone which is Remote Destination of RDP-A
Phone C - Internal phone

When Phone B calls Phone C via DID, the extension of Phone A is displayed.
This is the expected behavior because there is a RD match.  However, the
Display Name is not shown.  It is configured on the line of RDP-A.  I
checked the VG isdn debug, and the behavior is even stranger.  On this
incoming call from Phone B, the UCM makes another outbound call to the DID
of C with Phone-A's 4-digit extension as as the ANI and the Phone C's DID as
the dialed number.  (Initially, I was just investigating why the calling
name was not showing up on Phone C and noticed this on the gateway).

The call from Phone B is anchored on the system, as I can resume the call on
Phone A if Phone B hangs up.  I also see remote in use on Phone A during the
call.

For testing purpose, MVA works perfectly fine.  One call in, prompts for pin
immediately as the RD matches, and the 2nd stage dial to an internal phone
shows Phone A extension and the Display Name of the extension.

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks.

-Dave