[cisco-voip] Unified Mobility: Creating Remote Destination Profile Templates

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 10:00:32 EST 2011

Group,

When you create an RDP Template it makes you select an End User to associate
to the RDP.  It doesn't have to be a Mobility enabled user, just any old End
User will do.  If one were to choose the first user in the list as
an efficient way to set that value, and this user ends up leaving the
organization, and the AD account gets scrubbed, well, then your RDP Template
gets deleted automatically.

I can see that by having a dedicated service account in my end user's list,
named something like: rdp_template, would alleviate that problem, but now I
have to explain to the client why they need to create dummy account on their
AD side.

How have others tackled this?  Am I missing something, such that creating
dummy users is the norm?

Anthony