[cisco-voip] Unified Mobility: Creating Remote Destination Profile Templates

Adel Abushaev adel.abushaev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 13:50:19 EST 2011

Can you reference a domain admin account from AD? Those rarely change,
mostly never. It probably is not Administrator, for security reasons
(which delays the hacking person only by about 5 minutes in total),
but people rename Administrator to something less appealing. Since
this is an account that you don't plan to use on user devices, it
might be a good candidate for your purposes, if IT folks do not want
to create a service account.

Actually creating service account would be more secure, it needs to be
a very deeply restricted user, with absolutely no permissions other
than just being there, and UCM_DO_NOT_DELETE is a nice name for it.

But first try selling them the story that Call Manager doesn't have
local user directory when it's integrated with AD, and there is
absolutely no way you could create that user without them.

Adel.