[cisco-voip] CCM7x day to day Admin Tips ?

Tony Edwards tonyedwards.rs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 03:44:26 EST 2011

hi all,

a month ago , we have migrated from ccm 4x platform to ccm 7x platform. i am
just wondering if any one can help me on following "how to do" tasks on ccm
admin gui.

1) my ccm 7x admin gui keeps on logging me out , so how i can make my login
a permanent for few hours at least , let us say 8am to 5pm , if not for any
longer ?

2) how can remote login my users across wan ? cause , i heard that there is
a url with which you can remotely login any extention mobility user , even
though you can logout the same user via device gui section ?

3) with in my previous ccm4 platform , i use to have a vg224 gui display
under device menu i.e and in this display , there used to be very useful
info or "ports vs associated dn Numbers" mapping and you used to see which
ports are vacant ..etc after the ccm7x migration , i could not display
similar useful info unfortunately. so , is there any way i can extract this
vg224 ports vs dn numbers view ?

4) speaking of display , another display i found very useful in my previous
ccm4x platform was that , you can actually navigate between "device/mac +
loged out dn ( i.e base dn with out any extension mobility or device profile
dn) + loged in dn ( i.e with device profile dn). Is there any way , i can
view similar 3 way mappings with in ccm7 admin gui ?

thanks a lot

tony