[cisco-voip] CCM7 day to day admin tips ?

Tony Edwards tonyedwards.rs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 03:23:44 EST 2011

hi all,

a month ago , we have migrated from ccm 4x platform to ccm 7x platform. i am
just wondering if any one can help me on following "how to do" tasks on ccm
admin gui.

your help is very much appreciated.

1) my ccm 7x admin gui keeps on logging me out , so how i can make my login
a permanent for few hours at least , let us say 8am to 5pm , if not for any
longer ?

2) how can remote login my users across wan ? cause , i heard that there is
a url with which you can remotely login any extension mobility user , even
though you can logout the same user via device gui section ?

3) with in my previous ccm4 platform , i use to have a vg224 gui display
under device menu i.e and in this display , there used to be very useful
info or "ports vs associated dn Numbers" mapping and you used to see which
ports are vacant ..etc after the ccm7x migration , i could not display
similar useful info unfortunately. so , is there any way i can extract this
vg224 ports vs dn numbers view ?

4) speaking of display , another display i found very useful in my previous
ccm4x platform was that , you can actually navigate between "device/mac +
loged out dn ( i.e base dn with out any extension mobility or device profile
dn) + loged in dn ( i.e with device profile dn). Is there any way , i can
view similar 3 way mappings with in ccm7 admin gui ?

thanks a lot

tony