[cisco-voip] CCM7 day to day admin tips ?

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Wed Feb 16 15:56:04 EST 2011

There are some standard CUAE apps you may be able to track down, but it's usually Make-a-Call type stuff.

Developing in CUAE is not too bad, but you do need some basic c# skills, however using the AXL API in CUAE is really painful, and only a subset of the API is available, you are supposed to 'roll your own' if you need anything more than the methods they have listed.

Programming against the AXL API is generally painful and you need to find all the utils you can fine i.e. the AXLToolkit (from Plugins on your CCMADMIN) or have a look here:

http://www.purejs.com/projects.jsp

The AAT (AXL Admin Tool) is very good for playing around with

I was involved with the deployment of Cross Cluster Extension Mobility several years ago (4+) using CUAE, the concept and platform are fantastic, but Cisco haven't moved it forward recently :(

Stephen