[cisco-voip] Distintive ring tones

Mike Lydick mike.lydick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 21:58:39 EST 2011

Is it possible to change ring tone on lets say a 7931 based on calls routed
from a huntgroup. I have had a customer ask this repeatedly, coming from
some key systems that support this. My answer is no but I could we somehow
translate the call details to be an be an internal/external call to invoke a
different ring type(external/internal).

The call flow is calls hit hunt group --> line grp 1 and the go RNA, then
when they should hit a broader line grp2 that includes the original members
and then some managers but this should cause a different ringer play.
Basically this is an call overflow that will audibly alert that calls has
missed the first group.

Best Regards,

Mike Lydick