[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility Question

Andy Carse andy at carse.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 06:13:05 EST 2011

You will find issues with this

One issue will be that if the agent takes a call on their ddi line and
they are logged into contact centre via cad then calls from contact
centre will still be delivered to their contact centre extension.
It would then be upto the agent as to them taking the contact centre
call, if they didn't pick it up in time they then get "black mark" in
contact centre stats for not picking up the call.

On 02/17/2011 11:00 AM, Boon wrote:
> Guys,
> I have a customer who has a strange requirement which I'm not sure if
> I can meet.
> They have a contact centre and would like to use EM for agents so that
> they can move around the office and effectively hot desk. The agent
> UDP will have a single line on line 1 with a non-DDI extension used
> for contact centre calls only. The logged out phones will have only a
> 2nd line configured with a DDI extension which could also be part of a
> hunt group. The agent needs to be able to log into a phone and have
> the first line as their line from the UDP whilst the 2nd line is the
> logged out phone's DDI extension.
> I've never dealt with a request like this and thought that it might
> not be possible but agreed to lab it up none the less. So far I'm
> unable to keep the 2nd line on the phone after logging in with a UDP.
> Is this going to be possible at all?
> Thanks

Rgds Andy