[cisco-voip] CDR for a Translation pattern

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Feb 17 08:21:28 EST 2011

I have not tested this but the concepts are sound.

CTI Route points, ports, etc. can have wildcards such as 1XXX (reference
IPMA)  They can be configured with CFUnreg or CFAll with a forwarding
calling search space.  Forwarding actually also supports masks so you
can do something like:
DN: 1XXX
forward destination: XX

dialing 1234 would match the DN.  The XX in the forward destination are
treated as a mask to digits 34 become the forward destination. This is
mostly trivia.  I believe you can achieve what you need with a DN of
18XXXXXXXXX and forward destination of 18XXXXXXXXX but with a different
forwarding search space.

If the phone endpoints have CSS that can reach a dummy cti route point
configured with 18XXXXXXXXX as first step then it should be recorded in
CDR.  Then use the forward all or forward unregistered and associated
CSS to reach the translation pattern to do the number modification and
route the call.  In my mental math this may give you what you need in
the original and final called party numbers in CDR.

I'd be interested to hear about your results.

Regards,
Wes