[cisco-voip] Telex Radio Dispatch system with Cisco Phones

Carter, Bill bcarter at sentinel.com
Tue Feb 22 14:30:20 EST 2011

A more thorough explanation.

I have Telex Radio Dispatch system I want to integrate with a Cisco phone system.

Telex system has interfaces to the radio networks and the telephone network.

Each user has a Telex ADHB-4.  This device mixes the audio from the different Radio networks and the telephone. Coming out of the ADHB-4 is a headset for the dispatcher. The dispatcher has a desktop application were they can select different audio sources and the ability to combine audio channels.

The interface between the phone needs audio TX and RX along with on/off hook switch and ground across 6-wires.  The box/application needs the hook switch to answer and hang up calls.

I am wondering if I can create a cable from the Phone to the Telex Device. Telex provides a basic diagram:

Phone----------ADHB-4 NENA Connector

--------Hook Switch--->6

<------TX audio-------2&5

----------RX audio--->3&4

I would think I could get TX and RX audio and Ground from the phones headset port. I would also think I could get Hook Switch from the phones aux port (this is the port used for the wireless hook switch feature).

http://billyc5022.blogspot.com/2011/02/telex-radio-dispatch-system-integration.html