[cisco-voip] Looking for Voip call generator/tester

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Wed Feb 23 10:41:06 EST 2011

Hi Andrew,

Assuming you have physical phones already deployed or available, you should have a look at PhoneView from Unified FX (http://www.unifiedfx.com) it can control multiple IP Phones at the same time (1000's if required) and get them to dial/answer calls with just a couple of mouse clicks. Also, PhoneView can extract the QoS information from all of the phones, so you could use that to get an impression of network QoS and call quality.

I suggest you have a look at the demo video here:

http://www.unifiedfx.com/Videos

Otherwise, the only tool I know exists is a Cisco internal one that could simulate 100's of SCCP endpoints.

There may be SIP based call load testers you could try to track down, that could simulate multiple SIP phones and place calls that way.

With any of the 'soft phone' based call loading methods, I'm not sure about the availability of QoS information, you may need some form of network analyser to gather that data separately.

Thanks

Stephen