[cisco-voip] OT Radius authentication with a 2800 router

Mike King me at mpking.com
Mon Jan 3 11:03:04 EST 2011

Sorry for the slightly off topic question.

We've been using Radius authentication with our 2800 routers for a
while, but I've been handed an interesting directive.

We have a third party that will need access to our 2800 routers.  I've
been asked to make a local account on the 2800's, as management does
not want to added them to the directory (Active Directory)  We're
using Microsoft NPS (IAS for Server 2008) as a radius backend.

Unfortunately, it's been my experience, when you enable RADIUS, you
cannot login with local accounts unless the RADIUS server does not
respond.

Am I missing an easy way to do this?

Mike