[cisco-voip] PBX

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Fri Jan 7 10:32:58 EST 2011

Umm... this may get me banned from the list, but ;-)

If it's for a hotel, where many of the phones are just single line
standard homeowner type phones...

then I'd use Asterisk.
http://www.asterisk.org/

A good "distribution" of this is Trixbox.
http://fonality.com/trixbox/

They have a CE (Community Edition) of this -

Your expense then is for the copper line cards to support all the
copper.
And it would appear you can use a VG-224 running SIP
http://fonality.com/trixbox/forums/vendor-forums-non-certified/linksys/c
isco/cisco-vg224-trixbox
http://fonality.com/trixbox/forums/trixbox-forums/trunks/sip-trunk-cisco
-gateway

That might be the cheapest way to get copper ports for the Asterisk
system.

One good PC, one CD of Trixbox 2.8, one VG224, and a bunch of cheap
handsets...

Tim Reimers
Systems Analyst II
Information Technology Services