[cisco-voip] Question Regarding UC560

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 21:00:13 EST 2011

I don't know much about the UC560, but I do about the UC520.  The UC520 is a
full-fledged cisco router with some marketing restrictions.  CME/CUE is
pretty powerful if you know how to use it.

-The AA script application is still likely a Windows app.  Most mac users
have VM running anyways.
-I don't find the CUE GUI that annoying, but I could see that.  I believe
almost all of this has been condensed into CCA now.
-CCA has been greatly improved since it's the only method of configuring the
newer UC5x0's.  I think this is the biggest point of contention and the most
important.  You can likely download a newer version of CCA to test this
against your UC520.
-I could see how the CME/CUE GUI's could be interpreted as old.

Like I said, I don't know much about the UC560.  I'm not sure if you really
need to upgrade, the UC520 is still an active product as far as I know.  I
think if you grow past the user count it may warrant it though.

This sounds like a bad installation and then associating it with the
product.  The UC520's pretty far from perfect, but a bad installation will
ruin almost any product.

-nick