[cisco-voip] MWI behavior in Unity Connection 7

Mike King me at mpking.com
Fri Jan 14 14:54:33 EST 2011

I have a user that has several time reported the following:

"Last Wednesday (1/5/2011) the mailbox was flashing but there weren't any
messages..... this week (on Monday (1/10/2011), it wasn't flashing and there
were eight messages dated back to last Wed"

Of course they wait till Friday to report this.

With my old phone system, there was a report i could run against a mailbox
that would tell me everything that ever happended to that mailbox.
CLID that called it, did it leave a message, how many "New" messages
DN that logged into mailbox, did it play messages, how many did it play.
When and why the MWI turned on and off.

I haven't really found that report for unity connection yet.

The best I can find is Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability -> Tools ->
Reports -> Subscriber Message Activity Report

But as you can see, (attached at the bottom) it doesn't give me any
indication of what her problem is.  Actually, it doesn't really tell me
much.

Callers are dialing a menu, and one of the options of the menu is to leave a
message, this then goes directly to the mailbox.

The setup is this:  a 7961G-GE phone, Button 1 and button 2 are DID's.
 Button 3, 4, 5, 6 are line appearances of the extension of the Mailbox, so
that the users can have indication that a message is waiting.

However, it's somewhat lacking (Forgive the image, I could not for the life
of me format that report in a way that would display well)
[image: Mailbox.jpg]
[image: Mailbox2.jpg]