[cisco-voip] cisco itsp architecture & books?

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 01:57:40 EST 2011

A little information about Acme, personal opinion:

Acme has a large SP market share because they were there first, and it took
Cisco a while to release an SBC that had similar scalability.  The ASR
platform opened up a large part of the space where Acme had been before, so
it's worth taking a look if you're looking at 2500+ sessions.  I haven't had
much experience with Acme except dealing with some interop issues, so I'll
leave that to people that have had experience.

I don't know of any specific reference architectures for SP Voice.  This is
the design bible for voice, but it's more enterprise-centric:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x.html

-nick