[cisco-voip] SCCP NAT Question

Max Pierson nmaxpierson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 23:45:02 EST 2011

Hi Ash,

First off, can you confirm your signaling proto from the 2811 to the CM
(SIP, H.323, etc) ?? Second, what are the NAT metrics set to (as in timeout
values, etc, so how long does the nat process keep the entry valid (default
or did u make changes)?   Bugs are possible in the "T" train as well  ;)

There are a few caveats when using H.323 and NAT (at least since my older CM
days and 12.3 IOS). As you stated, you're "inspecting" SCCP traffic. What
does your "show" output commands say about the inspection??

My end solution was to do a "one-to-one static nat translation called by a
route-map" to the CM Pub and Sub's to resolve the issue, but I need to know
a little more about your environment.

Regards,