[cisco-voip] Seeking Comments on Upgrade Plans

Matthew Loraditch MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com
Tue Jan 18 10:11:03 EST 2011

If I were doing the upgrade and cluster at the same time I think I would upgrade before I cluster but if you have a year in between when you can do that, the reverse seems to be the way to go.
For the upgrades remember that contact center and CM will have to be done at the same time. You will definitely want to lab that out if at all possible.

Unity/UnityCxn still is version agnostic AFAIK so you can do that upgrade before/after the other two. I would recommend going to Unity Cxn 8.5  when you upgrade. You can now UM with Connection without all the dependencies on Exchange of Unity's UM.

I also recommend asking your partner about the 3 and 3 upgrade promo for your CUCM and Unity. You can save some major bucks.

Lastly look at UC on UCS if you need new servers, caveat being you can't use them until you upgrade to at least 8.0 (8.5 makes it even easier)

Matthew Loraditch, CCVP, CCNA, CCDA
1965 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
support at heliontechnologies.com<mailto:support at heliontechnologies.com>