[cisco-voip] CUCM Upgrade 4x to 7x to 8x: I'd like to verify a licensing question

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:12:51 EST 2011

All,

I have an upgrade where I need to take this 4x server through a 7x version,
before ending up on 8x.  I would like to know, do I need to license the 7x
server in order to upgrade it to 8x, or can I ignore licensing until I reach
the final 8x version?

Recall that a 4x to 7x upgrade uses DMA, and DMA gives me a license.  And
for all intents and purposes 8x will not know I came from DMA, only 7x will.

Thanks for the continued support.

Anthony