[cisco-voip] Strange behaviour of CME

Cisco Voip cisco_newbie at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 10:52:10 EST 2011

Hi all.

I have setup the current setup in my lab

IPcommunicator-1

                               SCCP (g711)                  default (g729)

On R1 i simply created a dial-peer voice 2141 voip, and defined the session
target and destination pattern, and also codec to be g729r8. Now when i call
from IPc-1 to IPc-2, the call is successful !!

I have set this up in dynamips and 2 IPcs are infact vmware machines. What i
dont understand is, why there was no need for transcoding ? the default codec
between R1-GW and IPc-1 is g711, while between R1-GW and R2-GW, i set it to
g729, so isnt transcoding needed here ?