[cisco-voip] UCM 8x. LDAP Filters with group members

Mike Lydick mike.lydick at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 00:44:35 EST 2011

TAC is saying that filtering on Group membership in multiple Domains is not
possible. There is also a referance in the UCM 8x SRND that states that
indicates its not supported. So the real problem how you import CM users
with Active Directory forest that contain more than 5 domains? This seems to
be a serious limitation for enterprise environments.

>From the SRND:

A synchronization agreement for a domain will not synchronize users outside
of that domain nor within a child domain because Unified CM does not follow
AD referrals during the synchronization process. The example in Figure 16-9
requires three synchronization agreements to import all of the users.
Although Search Base 1 specifies the root of the tree, it will not import
users that exist in either of the child domains. Its scope is only VSE.LAB,
and separate agreements are configured for the other two domains to import
those users.

Best Regards,

Mike Lydick