[cisco-voip] licensing question.......

Don Weiner (dweiner) dweiner at cisco.com
Sun Jan 30 22:11:06 EST 2011

You state that you are on CUCM 7.1(5). For CUCM 7.1(5) and later, DLU
enforcement is still in the software but licensing is user based. When
you purchase a user license you get enough DLUs to effectively "disable"
DLU enforcement. In these versions IP Communicator or any other soft
client would be licensed as "Adjunct" to the Enhanced UCL user license.
DLUs are NOT purchased, and you are not licensed to use any "spare" DLUs
that might be in the system. Licensing is back to honor-based (well,
mostly as the number of DLUs issued per user may provide some
enforcement) and each user must have a license.

7975 + CIPC = UCL Enhanced User (LIC-CUCM-USR) + Adjunct Device
(LIC-ADJ-USR-AUDVID) + CIPC client (IPCOMM7-LIC). CUWL Standard, which
includes this and much more, is already less expensive, even without
adding a voicemail box. CUWL Std includes choice of these soft clients:
CIPC, CUPC, CUCI-xxx. Cisco Mobile (smartphone clients) is not included
in CUWL Standard, but is in CUWL Pro.

7975 + Cisco Mobile for iPhone = UCL Enhanced User (LIC-CUCM-USR) +
Adjunct Device (LIC-ADJ-USR-AUDVID) + Cisco Mobile client for iPhone
(VOIP-IPH-LIC)

CIPC or Cisco Mobile as sole endpoint = UCL Enhanced User (LIC-CUCM-USR)
+ client license (IPCOMM7-LIC or VOIP-IPH-LIC)

SNR is included for all UCL users, there is no additional charge.

Don