[cisco-voip] UC on UCS auto failover in hardware

ciscozest ciscozest at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 06:50:54 EDT 2011

I am going to deploy UC on UCS and I am aware that we can move the UC
application from one blade server to other slot or UCS chassis easily.
However the question is how much redundancy/failover can be supported with
UC on UCS system.

An example for CallManager; if the Subscriber 1 server is down, all the
voice endpoints will failover to the backup CCM server automatically. This
is application redundancy and auto failover.
As for hardware ie: blade server /disks are down for any reason, would UCS
system be able to auto failover the UC applications into another spare blade
server?
As far as I know from reading some doco, we have to manualy dissassociate
service profile and reassociate that to the spare blade and then power it ON
to achieve the recovery.
Can anyone with UC on UCS experience share this thought?

Thank you,