[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility Service URL

ROZA, Ariel Ariel.ROZA at LA.LOGICALIS.COM
Fri Jul 22 15:48:39 EDT 2011

Another, simpler, way is to us DNS round robin, setting the EM URL to a hostname instead of an IP address.

The DNS Server should then have two A records with the same name pointing to both subscribers´s IP addresses.

Ariel.

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Sent: viernes, 22 de julio de 2011 09:26 a.m.
To: Bill Riley
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Extension Mobility Service URL

I've seen some people create two Extension Mobility Service URL's and subscribed both services to all phones i.e.:

Primary Login Service

Backup Login Service

Cuts on the cost/complexity of a load balancer (the best solution), but does require the user to engage the back-up service manually.

Thanks

Stephen