[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.1 and SIP Trunking

Nicholas Samios nsamios at staff.iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 25 20:05:44 EDT 2011

The software MTP on UCM only supports 711, if you need to use 729 you'll need to configure an external MTP/transcoder or CUBE.

Using a CUBE in the middle as a demarc is best practice, gives you all the features of SIP & SDP manipulation (e.g delayed to early, message normalization), transcoding, etc and also avoids a direct SIP trunk to your UCM.