[cisco-voip] audio conference bridge

Tony Edwards tonyedwards.rs at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 04:22:20 EDT 2011

hi all,

among cisco meeting place express , polycom hw conf bridge and call manager
meet me , the meet me option sound more cheapest and most cost effective
option for audio conference functionality for internal ipt users for their
day to day use. even though earlier 2 other solutions can offer more bells
and whistles such as web collaboration and video conferencing as well in
addition.

but with reference to ccm based meet me conference functionality , is any
one pushed this usage on a ccm 6 or ccm 7 boxes ? i mean , what are the
maximum meet me conference bridge numbers or sessions you have enabled on
your cluster and how many participants you have caped on your deployment so
far?

also , by considering most common topologies such as using h729 on wan and
g711 on lan users , do you see any issues with bringing in both wan & lan
users on to same meet me audio conf session , assuming that lan users
initiate the session 1st on g711 ?

thanking you

tony