[cisco-voip] OT: duress buttons?

Matthew Ballard mballard at otis.edu
Thu Jun 9 18:49:51 EDT 2011

There's that unit, and CyberData also makes:
http://www.cyberdata.net/products/voip/digitalanalog/intercomindoor/index.html

It's a little bit bigger, but it has a microphone built in, so that whoever is being called can listen in on what's happening (as opposed to just a notification).  We just disconnected the speaker to make sure that the person in the room can't hear what's happening.

We've been happy with the CyberData products, we also use the multicast speakers with the SIP->multicast box for the speaker deployment to a building we recently took over.

Matthew Ballard
Network Manager
Otis College of Art and Design
mballard at otis.edu