[cisco-voip] Restricted Vs. Unrestricted CUCM

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Sat Jun 11 07:01:00 EDT 2011

No.   It's a US State Department export rules on products with encryption. So the bad guys can't use them.

Restricted means everyone but Cuba, North Korea, Sudan, Syria.  Unrestricted means no encryption technology.  Stuff that gets shipped has to be declared and follow import/export laws. US Citizens can get into trouble selling certain products to countries....

They really want every using unrestricted except those 4 countries...

http://www.cisco.com/wwl/export/faq.html