[cisco-voip] Hunt Group Logout

Mike King me at mpking.com
Mon Jun 13 11:02:11 EDT 2011

I'm on 7.1.3b

I've been investigating "Log Out of Hunt Groups"
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmsys/a08ipph.html#wp1132736

Seems pretty simple, add the softkey to the phone template.

It mentions the service parameter in the "Clusterwide Parameters (Device -
Phone)"

My questions are pretty specific to the Service Parameter.

Right now it's set to None.  I'm not following the description text fully:

This parameter specifies the name of the ring tone file that Cisco IP Phones
play when a member of a line group (hunt group) has logged out. This tone
alerts a logged-off user that there is an incoming call to a hunt list to
which the line is a member, but the call will not ring the phone of that
line group member because of the logged off status. This feature proves
useful in situations where users have logged off to go to lunch or attend a
meeting, for example, and upon returning to the desk get reminded by the
tone to log in again. The default, None, indicates no ring tone. This file
must be located in the TFTP directory (/usr/local/cm/tftp).

So does it mean the Tone is played when the softkey is activated (as the
first sentence of the paragraph indicates) or does it play when the phone is
supposed to ring (as indicated by the second sentence)

Second question is changing this parameter service affecting, or require any
reboots?