[cisco-voip] FW: Cisco CUBE Sip to Sip Question

Granger, Simon simon.granger at fmglobal.com
Fri Jun 17 10:43:25 EDT 2011

Hi All

Hopefully an easy couple of question,

In Communications Manager we have created a SIP trunk to our CUBE router. This SIP trunk is part in a route list for route pattern 9.01753123123

On the CUBE Router we have the following Dial Peer and respective voice translation profiles.

voice translation-rule 4
 rule 1 /^9\(.*\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile SIP_OUTGOING
 translate calling 3
 translate called 4

dial-peer voice 9 voip
 translation-profile outgoing SIP_OUTGOING
 destination-pattern 9T
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:82.12.241.168
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
!

The First question, is that as we are using the Route Pattern 9.T we are having to wait for the interdigit timeout to complete before it sends the call out the SIP trunk, As there is no voice port associated with this dial peer, is there a way to reduce the interdigit timeout so it starts the call quicker?

The second question I have is that the translation rule is adjusting the display on the Cisco IP phone, so for example:

The phone displays 901753123123
As soon as it matches the dial peer then phone adjusts to 01752123123 (i.e it drops the 9) Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks

Simon

Registered No. 755780 England
Registered Office: FM Insurance Company Limited
1 Windsor Dials, Windsor,
Berkshire, UK, SL4 1RS
Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
VAT No. G.B.: 792 4276 02