[cisco-voip] 10,000 user OVA capacity for CUCM on UCS

Nate VanMaren VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org
Fri Jun 24 10:17:08 EDT 2011

UCM 8.6 changed the capacity of a standard cluster.

>From the SRND page 8-24 (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8xsrnd.pdf)

"Each cluster can support configuration and registration for a maximum of 40,000 unsecured SCCP
or SIP phones with Unified CM 8.6(1) and later releases."

But it also shows that the max on a UCS is 7500 and only on the 7845-I3 is 10k.

They also improved CTI scalability a lot.  Now phones and CTI connections scale the same.

-Nate