[cisco-voip] ccm and mgcp , h323 gateway ie

Tony Edwards tonyedwards.rs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 06:06:04 EST 2011

hi all,

i am little unsure on following couple of ie (information element) related
concepts and i appreciate if some one help me in clarifying few things here.

1) with in ccm6.x and cc,7.x onwards , what are the commonalities and
differences or purposes of display ie check box , redirect inbound &
outbound ie check box and facility ie box option ? and who does what ,
meaning which parts we can control or influence from customer/ccm/gw side
and which parts got to be done at telco isdn switch side and hence no use to
enable them on ccm side alone. and which one one normally should enable on
each mgcp or h323 gateway configs on ccm ?

2) if some naughty user does a daisy chain kind of call forwarding busy & no
answer to an external number with multiple hops, how can i capture that
detail as outgoing cli via mgcp/h323 gw? i think there are 2 x options with
in ccm gw outbound calling party selection i can achieve this , one via last
redirected number and 2nd via last redirected number (external) option.
Which one should i use and what is the difference between these 2 ?

thank you.

tony...