[cisco-voip] UC on UCS

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Mar 8 10:58:59 EST 2011

Good timing for your deployment...  ESXi 4.1 support was just announced.
http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMWare_Requirements#ESXi_Support_for_Call_Processing_and_System_Management_Applications

-Ryan

On Mar 6, 2011, at 9:09 PM, Mike King wrote:

Quick question about UC on UCS.
Is:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/solution_overview_c22-597556.html
still the "word" on how UC on UCS is supported.

Specifically:

Server model: At this time, the only blade servers supported for Cisco Unified Communications are the Cisco UCS B200 M2 and B200 M1. Other blade-server models, such as the Cisco UCS B250 M1 or B250 M2 Extended Memory Blade Server, or Cisco UCS B440 M1 High-Performance Blade Server, are not supported at this time.

My server group is purchasing a UCS system, and offered to foot the cost of the blades.  However, they are only buying the B230 blades.  All other requirements in the sheet are covered.

So my questions are:

From a TAC perspective, it's still the B200's or nothing (for support)?

As a follow up, I know from the VMware compatiblity matrix that you can run 4.0 hosts in a 4.1 cluster.
Has anyone ever done it?

Mike