[cisco-voip] H.323 and FXO ports - how do you see calls inprogress??

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Wed Mar 9 15:14:54 EST 2011

What I got into was a situation where all the ports were showing
"offhook", but evidently there weren't really calls on them.

I ended up just rebooting the router -- that cleared the OFFHOOK state

Now it's showing the mixture of on and off hook as it should.

That gives this data:

"RouterLD#sh voice call summary
PORT           CODEC    VAD VTSP STATE            VPM STATE
============== ======== === ==================== ======================
0/0/0         -         -  -                     FXOLS_ONHOOK
0/0/1         g711ulaw  n  S_CONNECT             FXOLS_OFFHOOK
0/0/2         g711ulaw  n  S_CONNECT             FXOLS_OFFHOOK
0/0/3         -         -  -                     FXOLS_ONHOOK
0/1/0         -         -  -                     FXOLS_ONHOOK
0/1/1         -         -  -                     FXOLS_ONHOOK
0/1/2         -         -  -                     FXOLS_ONHOOK
0/1/3         -         -  -                     FXOLS_ONHOOK

RouterLD#"

I was hoping to see the actual calls, aka "sh isdn active" style, where
it shows the actual calling party/caller.

Debug voice ccapi inout  did in fact show the outgoing call
000047: Mar  9 14:46:57 EST:
//-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/ccIFCallSetupRequestPrivate:
   Interface=0x45857860, Interface Type=6, Destination=18686751828,
Mode=0x9,

But, I was hoping for something that would show calls -
If I missed the beginning of a call, I wouldn't see where it was going -

Logging would catch that, but nothing else would (and who wants to run
in debug mode to log it?)

Is there anything RTMT can do to show me details for calls traversing a
given MGCP gateway ??

Tim Reimers
Systems Analyst II
Information Technology Services