[cisco-voip] best remote control software out there?

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Wed Mar 9 19:39:11 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm the CTO of Unified FX, and I'd like to thank Matthew for mentioning our partnership with IPexpert, we have been working closely with them over the last few months to fine tune our product (PhoneView) to allow us to release a version (Lab Edition) for CCIE students. PhoneView Lab Edition gives CCIE students a powerful application that should allow them to focus on the study, rather than the software tool they use, so I encourage people to take advantage of this offer while it is available. We will be adding functionality in the future to the Lab Edition (for example remote audio monitoring) that will complete the remote user experience when working with IPexpert's study material and rack equipment, or with your own personal, or corporate lab/demo facilities.

To the original question, PhoneView is based on the ability to visualise and remotely control/mange 1000's of phones at the same time (not just one at a time), if you watch the overview video on the website (http://www.unifiedfx.com/Videos) it should become clear how that can be of benefit. In your situation PhoneView can extract the alternate TFTP state of you ip phone estate, that will allow you to select the relevant phones and reset that setting remotely on all relevant devices in just a few mouse clicks. You can perform the actions to reset the TFTP settings once on a reference phone, create a macro of those actions and then replay to as many phones as you like, in a single click.

Kind Regards,

Stephen Welsh, CCIE #12345
CTO, Unified FX