[cisco-voip] Telecom Guy vs Network Guy.....

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:03:47 EST 2011

So my coworker and I have been having some discussions on best way to move
forward (I'm the new Network Guy, He is the old Telecom guy ;-)

Currently we use managed CSU/DSU's for terminating our voice PRI's.  This
way we can loop the circuit and test, etc.  we also have things wired to use
the T-bert for more testing.

I would like to bypass this and go straight to the VWIC's on the Router....
making it cleaner and less to troubleshoot as we have had CSU's dieing
lately.

I know I can loop the VWIC both local and remote.  Can I do more testing
from the router that would justify the move away from managed CSU's?

Would love to hear what others are doing.

Thanks

Scott