[cisco-voip] ATT CAMA trunks

Lund, John C. LUNDJC at uwec.edu
Fri Mar 18 13:19:03 EDT 2011

ATT recently installed two, 2 wire CAMA trunks after we purchased their e911 locator service.  They told us we could not send 911 info out our PRI because it is a "Custom", and not a "National" PRI

I was trying to locate a VIC2-2E/M and found it was discontinued, and after a bit of reading I think we can configure 2 of our  VIC2-4FXO ports to support CAMA.  Anyone have experience with this?  I think I just have to configure the voice port  for the signal type (signal cama KP-0-NXX-XXXX-ST) and away we go.  I get nothing but a busy signal when trying to dial 911 out this port though.

Thanks,

John Lund

University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
Learning and Technology Services