[cisco-voip] callInfo(displayInfo) lost during call

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:37:48 EDT 2011

Wes,

I have used a script to play a WAV file to all incoming calls, then transfer
the call to the original called number.   I had the same issue with the
caller name being stripped, but found some pointers on the dev forum and was
able to get the caller name to pass through.  In my case, the inbound leg is
VIA PRI and the outbound leg is h323 to CM.

here is the relevant parts of the script.

proc act_Setup { } {
    global totalLang

    init_perCallVars
    infotag set med_language 1

    leg setupack leg_incoming
    leg proceeding leg_incoming
    leg connect leg_incoming

    #Lang selection
    puts "\nTotalLanguages=$totalLang"
    if { $totalLang < 1 } {
act_Cleanup
      fsm setstate CALLDISCONNECT
return
    }

    media play leg_incoming recording.au
set cnam [infotag get leg_display_info]        * (jsteinberg: this stores
the original caller name into the variable )*
fsm setstate ONELANG

    }

proc act_CallSetup { } {
    global dest
    global commandHandle
    global outgoingDisconnect
    global lastCallSetupFail

    if { ($outgoingDisconnect == 1) || ($lastCallSetupFail == 1) } {
       set callInfo(newguid) true
 set lastCallSetupFail 0
    }

set callInfo(displayInfo) $cnam                            * (jsteinberg:
this populates the outbound leg with the original caller name given on
incoming leg )*
    leg setup $dest callInfo leg_incoming
    set commandHandle [infotag get last_command_handle]
}