[cisco-voip] Notification (EEM or SNMPTRAP) when all voice ports are in use??

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Wed Mar 23 11:26:15 EDT 2011

Hi all -

I've got an MGCP router with 8 FXO ports in it -
I'd like to be able to do one or more of the following things, if any of
you know how:

1. Receive an EEM notification when all 8 ports are in use
2. Get an SNMP trap that tells me when all 8 ports are in use

3. Graph (in Cacti or something) an SNMP OID that would tell me the same
thing.
It would be acceptable to track 8 different OIDs and look at the graphs
and see whether there were any points when all 8 graphs went full scale.
Typically, when you graph an SNMP OID that returns a "true" or "false"
or "1 or 0" type response, you just get either flatlined at the bottom
or full scale at the top.
That's fine for this purpose - I'd be able to graph eight different
colors and be able to see when all eight were up or down.

Since calls many times last less than 5 minutes, a polling type solution
like #3 isn't necessarily optimal - best is an SNMP trap or EEM based
setup.

Any ideas? Am I not thinking of some other RTMT or something else I
could do?

I don't want something where I have to review logs later -- I want
notification when the event happens...

Thanks, Tim

Tim Reimers
Systems Analyst II