[cisco-voip] ios for IAD 2431 + VIC-2FXO-M1

Jeremy Kister cisco-01 at jeremykister.com
Sun Mar 27 19:51:28 EDT 2011

according to several websites, including

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps27/products_tech_note09186a00800b53c7.shtml

I should be able to use a vic-2fxo-m1 in an iad2431 using IOS 12.2(1)XD

I've searched high and low for this version of IOS, but can't find it.
I've attempted several similar IOS, including:
c2430-ik9o3s-mz.124-25e.bin
c2430-is-mz.124-11.XJ4.bin
c2430-is-mz.124-15.T4.bin
c2430-is-mz.124-15.XY5.bin
c2430-is-mz.124-24.T5.bin
c2430-is-mz.124-6.XE3.bin

but none of them pick up the vic - they all complain with a one of two
messages:
Unknown WIC in slot(0/0), wic card has an unknown id of 0x2B
vwic_card_type: unknown vwic - 43

fyi, my rommon is C2400_RM2.srec.124-13r.T7

can anyone tell me an IOS I can load that'll pick up the onboard fxs,
ethernet, let me talk sip, and see the vic ?

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./