[cisco-voip] Manipulate Caller ID CUCM 6.1

Damian Turburville d_turburville at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 09:43:09 EDT 2011

Hi guys,
We have a customer who wants to have a text string come up on their phone based
upon the number dialled by the outside party. i.e. if a member of the public
dialled 01234 567890 which would come into our CUCM 6.1 box they would want it
to display "Slough" for instance or if they dialled 01234 567891 it would come
up as "Chichester"
This is basically for a group of users who will be taking calls from many
geographic locations and want to be able to know which line the public is
dialling in from.

(The actual setup is as follows)

Public dials 0845 number
0845 number is forwarded by BT onto a DDI number (01234 567890)
DDI number comes into our CUCM 6.1 system via MGCP gateway
Call goes to a CTI Route Point which forwards onto Unity Connection 7 Call
Handler
Call Handler announces "Welcome to the Slough Helpline you will now be placed in
a queue"
Call is transferred (release to switch) to an Attendant console Pilot Point (so
we can queue calls)
Pilot point addresses four 7942 phones in a circular pattern
User expects to see "Slough" come up as the Caller ID

The same would happen for the other geographic regions but the call would come
in via a different DDI number eg : 01234 567891

Is this possible?
Thanks,
Damian